High level overview
Edges represent service dependencies.
How an event gets saved. Edges represent data flow through system.
This graph is extremely simplified mostly due to layout constraints. Missing from this graph:
- How Relay fetches project configs. Answer: from sentry-web
- How Relay caches project configs. Answer: In memory, and in Redis
- How Relay counts events and keeps track of quotas. Answer: more Redis
- Symbolicator as auxilliary service to symbolicate-event
- How alerting is triggered. Answer: postprocess-event, a Celery task which is responsible for alerting (spawned by a Kafka consumer in Sentry reading from eventstream)
- Possibly more
For more information read Path of an event through Relay and Event Ingestion Pipeline.
You can edit this page on GitHub.